Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Lived Forever

What if people lived forever? For some reason I always wanted to know that and how it would be like. Would people like living forever? I think living forever would be fun to a certain extent, but then it would become boring. Living forever would be fun because the fear of death and dying would be gone, but it's like you will be experiencing the same things and people all the time and not actually moving forward. I don't think I could do that since I am the type of person who likes to meet new people. I remember watching the movie Tuck Everlasting and this family had drunk from a secret youth fountain. They lived forever, but they were not truly happy because they had to live their lives in constant secret. The ending wasn't good since the boy who lived forever fell in love with this young girl. She discovered the fountain too, and at first wanted to live forever with him but he wanted her to live a normal life. All in all, she had a choice to live forever or not, and she chose not to. She died and he came back for her, but it was too late. So is living forever worth it? I know certain people, mainly kids, would love to live forever. But I think that they say that because they are little and don't know any better. If people lived forever then the natural balance of the life would be off. The process of life and death would be corrupted and eventually the earth would become too crowed. Supplies and resources will run out, animals will become extinct, and standards of living would fall. Fortunately, people are not granted the never ending life and that is how it should be.

1 comment:

  1. I people could live forever then the planet would become over capacitated and our resources would be used up. Advancement would eventually stop in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete