Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Money Growing On Trees

What if money grew on trees? If money grew on trees my mom wouldn’t have fussed at me all the time when we went out somewhere and I wanted her to buy something. My mom’s favorite line to say was “Money don’t grow on trees Jessica.” I got so tired of hearing her say that stupid phrase that I could mouth the words before she even said it. I thought that it was funny to be able to know what she would say before she said it. As I got older I understood what that phrase meant, and came to realize that my mom was so true and wasn’t just being mean. If money grew on trees people wouldn’t be in debt and the poverty rate wouldn’t be high. I don’t even think there will be poverty. It makes me think like if money did grow on trees then it would change the world a lot. Would people be educated? The reason why a lot of people go to college is to get a degree and get a job so that they can provide for themselves and or their families. Money plays a big deal in the world. It is something that segregates the world among other things. It makes me think because, I wonder if money did grow on trees wouldn’t the value of dollar go down. Also it would be different for people that lived in the places that didn’t have any trees around because of the dry weather. I wonder how it would work. Would just a certain kind of tree produce money and if so like certain kinds of bills? I think that would be kind of cool. I guess money would have a harvesting season ha-ha. I find it funny to think of money in that kind of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment