Monday, September 7, 2009

Tuesday Work. 9-8-09

Page 7

1 1. The last time I had to write something difficult was my junior year in high school. I had to write an autobiography on an author of a book that we were reading at the time.

2 2. The paper was suppose to tell people the way he lived his life. Not only how he lived his life but how things around him changed and how he had to adapt to these certain changes. In order for me to tell the readers something about the man. I had to do some research myself. The was my teacher made me go about that was by giving me all different types of sources to find my information from. I used plenty of the sources she gave me like: documentaries, books he had written, articles, and the internet.

Page 23

1. 1. Split, lose, paused, consideration, vanished, chased, smashed, coming, ran, chased, chased, glanced, choking, expected, quit, were, strained, pounding, step, thought, fling, point, forget, aim, dive, chasing, impelled, compelled, tore, running, improvising, running, choosing, failing, find, slow, discovering, exhilarated, dismayed, save, give, losing, chased, caught, caught, stopped

2. 2. Paused, consideration, vanished, trailed, picked, chased, smashed, sliding, coming, chased, chased, glanced, choking, expected, strained, pounding, to fling, aim, dive, to go, chasing, impelled, compelled, running, improvising, running, choosing, failing, to find, to slow, discovering, exhilarated, dismayed, losing, chased, stopped

3. 3. “At the corner, I looked back; incredibly, he was still after us.

“He chased Mikey and me around the yellow house and up a backyard path we knew by heart: under a low tree, up a bank, through a hedge, down some snowy steps, and across the grocery store’s delivery driveway.”

“He caught us, and we all stopped.”

Page 24

1. 1. City clothes: a suit and tie, street shoes, thin, lower pants leg wet, cuffs full of snow, prow of snow beneath them on his shoes and socks [ sainted, skinny, furious redheaded man]

2. 2. Ordinary Pittsburgh accent, normal righteous anger, usual common sense, perfunctorily [“You stupid kids.”]

3. 3. The way he described the man, suit and tie and street shoes. Like he is a normal man going to or coming home from work and might not have been in a good mood.

1. 1. A perfect iceball, from perfectly white snow, perfectly spherical, and squeezed perfectly translucent so no snow remained all the way through.

2. 2. “A complex trail beige chunks like crenellated castles walls,” describing how the roads was how good they were for them to play their game

Page 25

1. 1. “We listened perfunctorily indeed,” “I brooded about this for the next few years,” “He could only chew us out there in the Panamanian jungle, after months or years of exalting pursuit.”

2. 2. “I wanted the glory to last forever.” “We could have ran through every backyard in North America until we got to Panama.”

No comments:

Post a Comment