Sunday, November 8, 2009

Final Years Of High School!

When I was in school I was very outspoken. I stood out a lot and was very well known. I played a sport whenever I got the chance. I played basketball, softball, and ran track. All through high school I was always having my wars with teachers and had other teachers that would pull strings for me and get me out of trouble. I was one of the lucky ones. I was always getting put out of class and stayed in the halls. I was rarely on time and was well known in the principal’s office. When we got progress reports I would get nothing higher than a sixty. I was ridiculous but when grades came out I never got nothing lower than an eighty five. I was the only student that my teacher would tell me to put my head down and go to sleep. They wouldn’t put me out of class because they knew that was what I wanted. They would move me around the class to sit by people that wouldn’t normally talk and were the “nerds” of the class, but somehow I would get them to talk and laugh with me and the teachers hated that. Either it was that or my friends in the class would somehow work their way over to where I was seated and talk to me. Then I was placed by the teacher’s desk so I wouldn’t talk to anybody; so I started talking to the teacher. There was a principal that was like my best friend and was really the only one that cared enough to set me straight. She cared more about my future than I did. She tried her hardest to keep me out of trouble and never gave up on me. I honestly am thankful for her and thank her so much, because she saw something in me that I didn’t.

1 comment:

  1. Jessica, everyone likes to have fun every now and then, but sometimes you have to be serious. You seem to be lucky that you didn't get in trouble and very blessed to have a principal that worked with you to get you where you are today.

    ReplyDelete