Wednesday, May 5, 2010

blog 13

What if I still played basketball? People would always ask me if I would ever want to go pro in basketball and I would always say no. I never saw that in my future, not saying that I wasn’t ever that good. I just never dreamed as being a pro ball player. When I was younger I started playing basketball when I was six years old. I was so little and short. I played basketball all the way through school up to my senior year of high school. I had gotten three full ride scholarships to universities. I was running through a play in practice act got hit in the temple and got a concussion. That concussion made the third one that I had gotten in the last seven months. They told me that I had gotten another one within the next six months or so it was going to be fatal. I did not like the sound of that. So I hung up my basketball shoes because I couldn’t do nothing but ride the bench the whole season. I ended up losing all my scholarships except for one, and I really didn’t want that one. I still play basketball till this day, not for a team but just for fun. I am not as good as I use to be, but can still school people. I would play ball as a stress reliever. Whenever I had something on my mind that was very heavy, I would play until I couldn’t play no more. Basketball was always a fun sport for me. The only time it wasn’t fun was when I was playing for my high school and I had a couch by the name of Coomb!!! She was a lady that I will never forget. She would show out on the side line and make the game fun, and then she would have her times when she would make it not even worth playing. She was one of those coaches that don’t like to show boast. We were beating a team by 50 and we started show boast. She called a time out and made the whole team do seven sets of suicides in the middle of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment