Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Mothers

What if somebody talked about your mother what would you do? I remember when I was little and everybody that I knew would say “You can talk about anything you want, but don’t talk about my momma.” Talking about somebody’s mother was fighting words. People would take it so serious that it was crazy. I don’t think I ever got the fighting because somebody was talking about my mother. I think that everywhere I stayed people knew of my mother and knew who she was. They never had a reason to say anything bad about my mom because she was cool. The only thing they might say is that my mom looks mean and like she doesn’t play, but once you actually meet her than you would know how she really is. I think that my brother has gotten into fights because somebody said something about our mother, but I never heard anything. Also my brother is very immature. I grew up knowing that many times words are just words. They only have as much power as you give them. My mother always told me to let people talk, it wouldn’t be life if there wasn’t somebody always trying to tear you down with their words and hating on something. I see a lot of kids that will fight over the most stupid things I have ever heard of. Then are the ones that do not have a mother, and when somebody talks about their mother it hits home for them. I don’t recall talking about somebody’s mother, because I knew that I didn’t want them talking about my mother. I might say that now, but when I was younger I probably didn’t not think like that. But for as far as I can remember I didn’t talk about anybody’s mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment