Monday, October 5, 2009

Working and School

When I was in high school I worked my junior and senior year of school, and during the summer I worked almost six days a week. The reason I use to work that much was because I had to stay busy and it wasn’t good for me to have a lot of free time on my hands. My junior year I played basketball for three different teams, worked and had a nephew to take care of besides school. My senior year I played started playing basketball but something happened and could play no more so I ended up working a lot to stay busy and hanging out with friends when time permitted itself. When I came to college I was thinking I was going to work after the first four weeks of school. Things didn’t turn out like how I wanted. I still have to learn how to balance all the school work and my social life. Like now I have a lot of free time on my hands; I know what I should be doing but I rarely do it because of other things to do and I have to stay busy and moving. I miss working; I thought I was kind of amusing what kind of people I would meet in the fast food business. It also helped me stand out more and be more outspoken. Hopefully I can start back working soon.

1 comment:

  1. I have the same problem. Either I'm too busy or I'm totally crazed with boredom. I think that I actually work better when I'm under pressure. At the same time, it really helps to step back and try to get perspective on the whole shebang, to give myself time to reflect.

    One hint: school IS a job.

    ReplyDelete